Saturday, February 4, 2017

Quotes from the Birthday Boy.

 

 This year for my birthday gift to you all, here is a list of quotes from movies, one for every year I've been around. Think you can name them all?

 

1958

Ramon Miguel 'Mike' Vargas: A policeman's job is only easy in a police state.


1959

Roger Thornhill: Now, what can a man do with his clothes off for twenty minutes?


1960

Calvera: If God didn't want them sheared, he would not have made them sheep.


1961

Holly Golightly: I'll never get used to anything. Anybody that does, they might as well be dead.


1962

James Bond: That's a Smith & Wesson, and you've had your six.





1963

George Washington McLintock: You women are always raising hell about one thing when it's something else you're really sore about.


1964

Joe: I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.


1965

Alec Leamas: I reserve the right to be ignorant. That's the Western way of life.


1966

Sir Thomas More: When a man takes an oath, he's holding his own self in his own hands like water, and if he opens his fingers then, he needn't hope to find himself again.


1967

Max Bialystock: Leo, he who hesitates is poor!


1968

Frank: People scare better when they're dying.


1969

Percy Garris: Morons. I've got morons on my team. Nobody is going to rob us going down the mountain. We have got no money going down the mountain. When we have got the money, on the way back, then you can sweat.


1970

Patton: Now I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.


1971

Willy Wonka: The suspense is terrible... I hope it'll last.


1972

Don Corleone: I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse.


1973

Demon: Your mother's in here, Karras. Would you like to leave a message? I'll see that she gets it.


1974

Noah Cross: 'Course I'm respectable. I'm old. Politicians, ugly buildings, and whores all get respectable if they last long enough.


1975

Peachy Carnehan: Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.


1976


Apollo's Trainer: He doesn't know it's a damn show! He thinks it's a damn fight!


1977

McGrath: Every scout in the NHL is out there tonight, with contracts in their pockets, and they're looking for talent. For winners. OOOOOOOOOH. All my years of publicity. All the fashion shows and radiothons for nothing... They come here tonight... to scout the Chiefs... the toughest team in the Federal League! Not this! Buncha... pussies."


1978

Superman: I'm here to fight for truth, and justice, and the American way.


1979

Jack the Ripper: The future isn't what you thought. It's what I am!


1980

Yoda: No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.


1981

Indiana: It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage.



1982

Batty: All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.


1983

Gus Grissom: He's right. No bucks, no Buck Rogers.


1984

Emperor Joseph II:  And there are simply too many notes, that's all. Just cut a few and it will be perfect.


1985

Mal Johnson: That ain't right. I had enough of what ain't right.


1986

Jack Burton: Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it."


1987

Dread Pirate Roberts: Good night, Westley. Good work. Sleep well. I'll most likely kill you in the morning.


1988

Dwayne T. Robinson: We're gonna need some more FBI guys, I guess.


1989

Harry Burns: I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.


1990

Capt. Vasili Borodin: I would like to have seen Montana.


1991

Captain Spock: There is an old Vulcan proverb: only Nixon could go to China.



1992

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.


1993

Ash: Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.


1994

Gib:  Same thing happened to me with wife number two, 'member? I have no idea nothing's going on, right? I come home one day and the house is empty, and I mean completely empty. She even took the ice cube trays out of the freezer. What kind of a sick bitch takes the ICE CUBE trays out of the FREEZER?

1995

Capt. Ramsey: We're here to preserve democracy, not practice it.


1996

Billy: Now Sid, don't you blame the movies. Movies don't create psychos. Movies make psychos more creative!



1997

Captain Dudley Smith: Go back to Jersey, sonny. This is the City of the Angels, and you haven't got any wings.


1998

Philip Henslowe: I don't know. It's a mystery.


1999

Sir Alexander Dane: By Grabthar's hammer, by the suns of Worvan, you shall be avenged.


2000

Maximus:  My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions and loyal servant to the TRUE emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.


2001

Boromir: Our people, our people. I would have followed you, my brother... my captain... my king.


2002

Dr. Iris Hineman: Sometimes, in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.


2003

Red Pollard: You know, everybody thinks we found this broken-down horse and fixed him, but we didn't. He fixed us. Every one of us.


2004

Creasy: Forgiveness is between them and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting.


2005

Rachel Ferrier: Is it the terrorists?


2006

Frank Costello:  One of us had to die. With me, it tends to be the other guy.



2007

Harry Potter: That even though we've got a fight ahead of us, we've got one thing that Voldemort doesn't have. Something worth fighting for.


2008

Lt. James Gordon: Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.


2009

Alan Garner: Tigers *love* pepper. They hate cinnamon.


2010

Dave Lizewski: Like every serial killer already knew: eventually fantasizing just doesn't do it for you anymore.


2011

Cary: Stop talking about production value, the Air Force is going to kill us.


2012

Jack O'Donnell: This is the best bad idea we have, sir. By far.


2013

Jackie Robinson: I don't think it matters what I believe, only what I do.


2014

Older Pete: A moment of pain is worth a lifetime of glory.


2015

Mark Watney: In the face of overwhelming odds, I'm left with only one option, I'm gonna have to science the shit out of this.


2016

Deadpool: Okay guys, I only have twelve bullets, so you're all going to have to share!




No comments: